Saturday, July 7, 2012

AWARDS CEREMONY


This tuesday I travelled to London, to attend the awards ceremony for the House of Illustration and Folio Society Book Illustration Competition.
I was so excited to be shortlisted and part of the great event. All of the entries were really interesting and unique, and it was great to see the faces behind the different designs. The winner of the evening, was the talented Igor Karash, with his beautiful eerie illustrations. 
It was a lovely event, where I got to meet a lot of fascinating people; illustrators Quentin Blake and Angela Barrett as well as the many lovely faces behind Folio Society and House of illustration and other creatives.
I also, incidentally, bumped in to my old tutor, Pam Smy, which was a lovely surprise!



Here I am, excitedly accepting my award from writer Marina Warner.
The picture is courtesy of the House of Illustration